Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fat Shaming, Just Don't Do It! - Day 17

I can remember the first time someone told me I had a pretty face; I said thank you, but wondered what about the rest of me, why single out my face? I wasn't even really fat then, maybe 25 lbs overweight. I've heard guys say that women are pretty or beautiful without isolating the comments to just their face; they were of course, more fit or just not fat women. So are they saying that fat women can't be beautiful or pretty as a total package? I kind of feel like just don't say anything to me, if you're only going to compliment what you consider the acceptable part of my being.

One of my biggest pet peeves, I mean it really, really irks me, is when a thin person says "OMG I'm so FAT!" It takes everything in me not to slap them. My thought on this is if you 'the thin one' say/think you're so fat, then what must you think of me?? Sometimes they see the look on my face and realize their faux pas, but it's too late at that point, no backsies. They try to back-pedal and say, but you're not fat or not "that big". Um, I'm fat, actually I'm obese (that took me awhile to absorb that reality) and I know that, please people stop skirting around the obvious. I mean don't call me fatso, but be cognizant of what you're saying to people, no matter what the differences may be.  This goes for religion, politics, etc. I'm not big on being totally P.C., but when people are inconsiderate, I have issues with that. 

So this article I read, 7 Sayings That are Fat Shaming is fairly accurate, except the part when smaller people lose weight. For me losing any amount of weight is a victory no matter what size you are and I don't begrudge them their accomplishment. That would be really shitty of me.

This post is for Saturday 10.24.15 day 17 of my journey. I finally got to spend time with my girlfriends and had a great dinner at Beatrix (on the corner of Grand and Clark, in Chicago).













We split the salad and quinoa, my dinner was short ribs and for dessert we tried to split the 'chia seed, coconut milk, and pomegranate pudding' but I was the only one who liked it. Yes I ate it all, it was that good to me, not too sweet and it's fairly healthy.

Going backward, my lunch was a gluten-free pita with leftover veggies, scrambled eggs, the last of my bianco sardo cheese and some cilantro.

I'm ready to go to sleep now, so I'll say good night. I hope you have a great start to your week, be happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment