Friday, October 30, 2015

Healthy Snacks on the Go! - Day 21

If you're like me, and you are a wreck in the mornings, you know how hard it is to get out of the house with healthy snacks in tow. I'm always rushing getting all my stuff together and literally run out of the house. So now that I am transforming into a healthy lifestyle, most of my food has to be prepared ahead of time or I have to plan for a healthy place to eat. I used to grab prepackaged bars, muffins, or bagels nothing that's really good for me. I'm not always prepared with the right foods, so I found some tips for snack foods on the go... healthy office snackshealthy protein snacks, and portable snacking tips  from my favorite website for weight loss SparkPeople.


Todays' post is for Wednesday 10.28.15 day 21 of my journey. For lunch, I had brown rice with eggs, avocado, cilantro, green onions, and roasted seaweed. You can buy the seaweed from Trader Joe's or any Asian market. I just put a little of everything on a piece of seaweed and fold in half, it's one tasty bite! Dinner was one of the best salads I have made in a while, brussel sprouts, butternut squash, carrots, onions, garlic, on top of a bed of arugula with a lemon and olive oil dressing.




I'm having good and bad days when it comes to preparing my food. I think like exercise you just have to do it, otherwise you'll feel bad about it later. I know I do, I hate feeling guilty! It's all about trying to do better...one step, one day, one meal, one exercise at a time. Don't quit or beat yourself up for snacking on let's say some dark chocolate Milano cookies, um yeah about that...it happened and I'm going to try to avoid the temptation next time. Let's stay focused on what we know is good for us and just keep at it! I'm wishing you a healthy day full of healthy choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment