Monday, October 12, 2015

Chicago Marathon...What an Accomplishment for so Many Runners! I Want to Experience that Same Feeling! - Day 4

Sunday 10.11.15 was the Chicago Marathon, day four of my journey. I hadn't slept much the night before, maybe an hour and then I had to get ready to support my friends that were running in the marathon. Most notably, one of my best buddies Stanley; it was his first marathon! So very proud of him!

My mom and I cheered the runners for almost two hours. I always like to take pics of those dressed in costume, this year I saw a couple running in their law officer uniforms...

A firefighter in full gear...amazing story of this firefighter named Joe from California. I posted his pic on Instagram and his wife commented on it (screenshot of comments)...awesome right? My username on Instagram (also on Twitter) is Nissa_isms.

Here are some ballerinas and batgirl...

And finally a couple of crowd shots...

Since my sleep was pretty much nil, I ended up taking two short naps during the day trying to function and get work done. It didn't work. I did manage to make dinner, gluten-free pasta with my homemade tomato sauce (90% homemade) which included: onions, garlic, jalapeno, EVOO, fresh basil, fresh bay leaves, and a few slivers of Bianco Sardo cheese from Italy.


Watching the marathon runners today and knowing what huge improvements my friend Stanley has made in his health has inspired me. I then saw a post from my friend Cheryl on Facebook, who declared that she would, in one year, run a half marathon. Well, I ended up making a declaration to run this race next year...http://www.magnificentmilehalf.com/. I should definitely start by improving my daily steps! Well here's to a new goal, may you be inspired by someone in your life to do something better for your health. Many health blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment