Friday, October 16, 2015

Finding a Balance in...Life, Work, & Fitness - Day 5

So, as I'm typing this blog several days late, I find myself struggling with balancing fitness goals and working on projects that have short deadlines. Let me first give you some background info on my work. I'm an Interior Designer, I mostly create construction drawings i.e. floor plans, elevations, etc. I also work on 3D renderings (a rendering is a realistic 3D model of a space where I give the owner a preview of what their space will look like with their furniture, fabrics, paint, etc. selections).

My clients are other designers and architects, most of them generally want a quick turn around time for their drawings. Sometimes that's very doable, other times, not so much. I should also mention that I have a terrible habit (well I actually have several, but this one affects finding my balance the most)...it's called procrastination! I'm not very good at planning my days, I make mental notes of tasks that I want to accomplish and sometimes I even write them down. However, because I don't have a set time to wake up or go to sleep, my day starts at a different time EVERY day. This yo-yo existence I've created is one of the main reasons why my health and fitness goals or non-urgent tasks fall to the wayside.

In searching for some guidance, I came across a product blog that touched upon finding balance. Product promotion aside, the tips they provide are helpful. You'll never guess what they're promoting, a wet wipe for your body. It actually sounds like a great idea for those who work in an office without access to a shower. balancing-work-life-fitness/.

Okay, I'm jumping topics here. So Monday, 10.12.15 was day 5 for me on my health journey. Food this day was good, here's a pic of my lunch: gluten-free pita, scrambled eggs, spinach, avocado, heirloom tomato, and scallions

Fitness not so good, unless you count sitting on a balance ball all day a fitness activity. I definitely need to make a daily routine happen with a quickness! I wanted to catch up on all my blogs tonight/this morning, but my body is telling me to go to sleep. I will continue on my quest to find balance: finish my blogs, procrastinate less on my projects (both work and personal), and get my daily fitness activity accomplished. I'm wishing you a very healthy and happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment