Saturday, October 17, 2015

Cubs Win and Advance to the NLCS! Hard Work and Determination Got them Wins. I too Can Win on My Healthy Journey, Right? - Day 6

Yes, I'm a Cubs Fan! As a kid, I went to their games and sat in the bleachers. As I got older, I abandoned baseball, then around 2002-2003 I started following the Cubs again. I imagine they have worked their tails off to get this far; the determination, teamwork, the workouts, concentration, and dedication to accomplish such an amazing feat. What drives people to stay motivated and accomplish their goals? That is what I'm trying to figure out for myself.

I joke and say I'm a great "starter," but not really good at finishing. If my friends had a dollar for every time I said, "I'm going to work at losing weight, AGAIN," they'd all be rich. There are several factors that prevent me from following through on some of my bigger or more important goals. One is fear, fear of failure and fear of success. I think the fear of failure is understood, but the fear of success for me means having to maintain that success and thus coming right back to the fear of failure. Motivation, this is a big one for me; I struggle to stay motivated beyond a certain time frame, usually rather short. Sometimes I can push through and surprise myself, but often times I just let things go back to the way they were. The problem with this, especially in regards to my health, is that I'm taking years from my life and am baffled at how I think that this is okay.

An alcoholic, a smoker, a drug user, are also taking years from their life, so they quit those vices and then all is right with the world. A food addict, that's me, is quite problematic, I can't quit eating food! Well yes, I can. I can quit eating processed foods, sugary treats, all the things that I know are bad for me.

I started this blog to help keep me motivated, it's way harder than I thought to essentially put my business out there, but I feel it's cathartic to release all this "Stuff"  bogging me down. Hopefully, something I write can in some way help others. I found this article that makes sense to me and I feel will help me when I'm waning and feeling discouraged.
how-you-can-get-motivated-to-reach-your-goals.

This post is for Tuesday 10.13.15, day 6 of my journey, I'm still trying to catch up. I started juicing again, I really don't know why I stopped. I absolutely love green juice!
Kale, celery, Honeycrisp apple, jicama, carrots
Kale, celery, Honeycrisp apple, jicama, carrots, and coconut water
It's got a bit of pulp because I use a blender, but I either drink/chew it or I save it and add to soups.
A tip that saves you from the stringy bits of celery, use a vegetable peeler.
A great way to save your washed greens is a Produce Saver from Rubbermaid.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment