Sunday, October 18, 2015

So Much Prep Time in Eating Healthy! - Day 8

I'm struggling with all the time I'm spending prepping my meals. I know I need to start planning my meals for the week; I'm sure that'll help reduce my chopping time with the veggies. Well, the food for Thursday, 10.15.15 - day 8 of my journey, was not a good example of what I'm stressing over, but most days I'm washing my cutting board 2 or 3 times a day. For breakfast, I had an almond milk latte and a fig butter, mozzarella, and turkey crepe from Next Door Cafe. Forgot to take a pic of the crepe, but here's the yummy coffee.


Lunch was also on the run at one of my favorite places, Nando's Peri-Peri in Lakeview. The Butternut Squash Salad is the best salad period!

On my way home from lunch, I stopped at my favorite juice bar, City Harvest Cafe. I got my wheatgrass shot and the best tasting, fresh coconut water.





 Dinner was sort of a repeat, I had leftover salad, as you can see their portions are generous. I would not normally eat leftover salad, but it tastes so good, I don't mind that it's wilted. I paired it with a piece of salmon.

Although I ate well today, I was still hungry, so I made a lite snack of an avocado, 1/2 c. almond milk, and 1tsp. of agave. If you want to avoid sugar, you can substitute a little bit of banana. So first, mash up the avocado, I used a fork, but a potato masher would work too. Slowly add the almond milk, or whatever milk you prefer, and blend well before adding more milk. This can also be done in a blender and if you freeze the avocado mix, it'll taste just like ice cream! :-)

I'm almost caught up on my blogs, this is already quite the journey. Hope you'll continue to follow along or if you're a new follower, welcome! Have a healthy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment